- To track all players and identify talented players within the FC Dallas Youth system.
- To motivate identified players through additional training and a pathway to the premier team.
- To connect FC Dallas Youth players and staff with a common curriculum.
- To encourage staff cooperation and sharing of knowledge.
- To formalize a process for identification and selection to the FC Dallas Academy (U16, U18) and the FC Dallas ECNL Rosters (U15, U16, U17, U18).
- Beginning July 1, 2010, FC Dallas will designate one (1) roster per age group (U11-U19 Boys and Girls – 16 teams) as the Premier team. The team will change names and be identified as FC Dallas (age) (gender) Premier. (ie. FC Dallas 99 Boys Premier or FC Dallas 97 Girls Premier).
- This Premier roster and other selected players (known as the Premier Development Pool) within the age group will train a minimum of once per month (on selected Fridays or Sundays) under the direction of the Premier team coach and other age group staff coaches.
- The number of players selected to the Premier Development Pool will be at least 16 players but will not exceed 40 players and can change during the year. The Pool can also include talented younger players training “up”.
- Players will be invited to Premier Development Pool training by coach’s recommendation and through an official invitation by the Premier team coach or Director of Coaching. Players cannot just be sent to Pool Training without an invitation.
- Players will not be forced to attend but if selected should be strongly encouraged by all staff coaches to participate in the program.
Training Format: (1.5 hours)
- Technical & Dynamic Warmup
- Small Sided Games
- Match Related Games (Functional)
- Competitive Match 8v8 to 11v11
- Monitor player progress across different FC Dallas Youth teams.
- Identify common strengths and weaknesses by age group.
- Motivate players for high performance.